Chamber of Commerce CEO:
Menomonie Chamber of Commerce - Menomonie, WI
$50,000 - $55,000 a year
Chief Executive Officer
The principle role of the position is to ensure the effective operation of the Chamber while coordinating all organizational activities including: programs, membership, employment, training, supervision of staff and fiscal responsibilities.
• Requires good verbal and written communications skills, with attention to detail.
• Requires job enthusiasm and desire to help reach the organization goals.
• Demonstrated computer experience is essential.
• Must understand financial processes used in non-profit organizations.
• Strong organizational leadership skills are essential.
• Demonstrated promotional development skills.
• College degree in business administration, management or other business related field, or equivalent experience.
• Three years’ experience in related work.
• Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works closely with the Executive Committee and board to create an annual plan of work, incorporating roles, responsibilities and goals for specific staff members and committees. Sets goals and objectives to coincide with Chamber’s strategic plan and reports progress monthly.
Regularly monitors internal processes to ensure that the Chamber functions with maximum efficiency. Proposes changes to the Executive Committee and board, and implements changes upon approval.
• Coordinates strategic planning with Executive Committee including identification of priority areas and key stakeholders to include in planning process. Distributes plan to board and staff, and establishes short-term objectives for staff and committees. Leads committees and staff on strategic initiatives to maintain timeline. Reports progress on objectives and goals to Executive Committee and board monthly.
• Assists committees, members and staff in the interpretation of policy that will promote the vision and mission of the organization. Identifies and implements solutions to challenges that face the Chamber and community.
• Represents the Chamber at local, regional and state meetings, as appropriate or as directed by the board.
• Explores partnerships with external stakeholders and organizations that will provide value to Chamber members and/or the organization. Presents opportunities to the Executive Committee and board, and implements as directed.
• Works closely with Finance Committee to develop an annual budget that relates to program goals and objectives for board approval.
• Monitors progress on budgeted income and expenses regularly, and reports variances to Finance and Executive Committees, as well as the board.
• Monitors cash flow and projected income and expenses, reports concerns to Finance and Executive Committees and board. Develops strategies to address budget concerns, presents to Executive Committee and board, and implements strategies upon approval.
• Works closely with accountant and Administrative Assistant to ensure receivables and payables are processed in a timely manner.
• Monitors the preparation and accuracy of the financial report statements presented to the board.
• Responsible for the hiring and supervision of office personnel: assigning duties, providing oversight for work completed, and establishing terms of employment within the framework of the approved budget.
• Identify goals for individual staff members that align with strategic goals of the Chamber. Monitor progress monthly and coach employees as needed. Include status of initiatives in monthly reports to Executive Committee and board.
• Implement personnel policies. Provide for staff professional development to further develop work skills, as budgeted.
• Review job descriptions annually to ensure accuracy. Report changes to Executive Committee and board.
• Conduct annual performance evaluations for all staff members and include documentation in personnel files. Meet with staff members individually, at least monthly, to determine progress on identified goals; coach or document concerns as necessary.
• Sets annual membership goal. Works closely with staff and committees to develop strategies to attract and retain members. Reports strategies to board and solicits assistance from Ambassadors as necessary.
• Monitors success of staff performance on membership goals. Coaches staff to assist in achievement of goals and recognizes accomplishments.
• Reports progress on membership goals regularly to Ambassadors, Executive Committee and the board.
• Lead staff and committees to ensure all Chamber programs have consistent messages, content, value and quality.
• Monitor all program income and expenses to ensure budget goals are met. Report variances to Finance and Executive Committees, and the board. Develop strategies as needed to address concerns, present to the Finance and Executive Committees, and the board, and implement upon approval.
• Works closely with staff, committees and board to evaluate success of programs/events and make changes as appropriate. Survey participants and report satisfaction to the board.
• Works closely with Menomonie Tourism Commission and Tourism Director to achieve tourism goals as outlined by the Tourism Commission.
• Works with Tourism Director to establish annual budget and plan of work. Presents budget and plan of work to Finance and Executive Committees, and board for approval. Works with Tourism Director to present budget and plan of work to Tourism Commission.
• Provides timely and meaningful information supporting the activities of the tourism committee to the Board, Tourism Commission and Dunn County.
• Works closely with the Executive Director of Main Street of Menomonie to ensure proper maintenance of the facility.
• Creates annual budget in collaboration with Executive Director of Main Street of Menomonie and accountant. Presents budget and plan of work for building upgrades to CMS board. Implements plan upon approval.
• Works with property managers to address any building concerns for renters, and to ensure consistent rental income.
Performs all other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Position Reports To: Board of Directors.
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00, some evenings required
Wage: Exempt; commensurate with experience
Benefits: Paid vacation, personal time & holidays, and retirement (after one year)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
Required experience: supervisory - 1 year
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three references to [email protected]