Board of Directors
Meets on the 4th Tuesday of each month
7:30 - 9:00 a.m.
The Board of Directors are responsible for ensuring that the Menomonie Area Chamber & Visitor Center is mission driven, financially responsible, and compliant with laws governing their non-profit status. Board of Director members are chosen because of their active participation in the Menomonie Area Chamber & Visitor Center, their business experience, involvement in the Menomonie area communities, and/or their commitment to ensure economic competitiveness.
Apply to serve on the Menomonie Area Chamber & Visitor Center's Board of Directors.
Board of Directors Eligibility & Qualifications
- Must be employed by (or own) a current Chamber investor business
- Willingness to take a leadership role in developing the resources of the Chamber through both time and financial support of Chamber programs and initiatives
- Ability to work constructively with Chamber staff, committees and other Board members
- Experiences background in providing sound judgement in decision making
- Courage and willingness to help formulate Chamber opinion on community issues, even though they may be controversial
- Mutual respect of peers while displaying leadership and innovation
- A service record in the community or within the Chamber through participation in events, programs, committees or other initiatives
Board Member Commitments
- Follow the objectives and polices of the Chamber and the Board of Directors
- Assume responsibility for making Board-level decisions for the organization
- Recognize that authority is limited to one vote per individual and agree to support the decisions made by the collective Board
- Attend regular board meetings according to the bylaws and make every effort to attend emergency meetings of the Board and committees
- Volunteer for at least one Chamber committee
- Build a collegial working relationship with other Board and committee members that contributes to a consensus
- Actively participate in membership recruitment for the organization
- Encourage the business you are associated with to actively participate in Chamber activities
How Do I Apply to Serve as a Board of Director?
The Menomonie Area Chamber & Visitor Center will soon be opening the Board of Directors' application process. Individuals who meet eligibility criteria for the Chamber Board are invited to apply. Stay tuned for further information, coming soon.
Applications may be submitted via USPS mail, email or in person at the Chamber office. Once the application period has closed, applications will be reviewed for completion and short meetings will be conducted with all applicants by a member of the nominating committee and the Chamber's CEO. After applicant meetings have concluded, the nominating committee will discuss applications and provide a selection recommendation to the Board of Directors for consideration. If no additional information is needed, the Board of Directors will make applicant selection decisions at the October Board meeting. Applicants will then be notified of appointment or regret and invited to participate in a Board orientation prior to their term start.