Mad City Money is a hands-on financial simulation that gives high school students a taste of real-world finances. Students will be assigned an occupation, salary, a debit card, and more as they take on the role of adults who must decide between their wants and needs as they live and work in Mad City.
Chamber Investor businesses are invited to volunteer as a professional representative within a specific student station that fits their business interest or industry. These stations are shared spaces with multiple volunteers and businesses represented. We encourage branded apparel or simple pop-up banners to provide students with logo-recognition of your business.
- My Closet: Clothing and Personal Care
- Big Wheels: New and Used Vehicles
- Really Realty: Housing and Phone Service and utilities
- Kid Care: Childcare and Supplies
- Home Stuff: Furniture, Décor, and Household Items
- Fun Stuff: Entertainment
- Gotta Eat: Food and Dining
- Mad City Mall: Optional Purchases and Charitable Contributions
- Credit Union: Need help? Visit the credit union!
The goal of the program is to simulate the realities of approaching financial responsibilities, and to teach students the tools needed to make better financial decisions.
This program is offered to Menomonie high school students as a partnership event with WESTconsin Credit Union, the Menomonie Area Chamber & Visitor Center and the School District of the Menomonie Area. It is anticipated that approximately 300 students will take part in this program.
There is limited space per student station section. Registration will close per section as that section fills.
This event is a free opportunity for all businesses in the Menomonie area.